6.04.2009

[ totaled ]



How sad, my car is totaled. I really loved my car. The 97 Honda Accord has really treated me so well. But someone tried to kill me last week. It was kinda raining/sprinkling and i was just leaving for Costco and didn't even get a mile or two on the way when some kid coming the other direction in a big full size truck lost control and started fishtailing and going crazy. i was stuck on a little bridge behind and car when he smacked the back of his car on his guard rail, missed the lucky car in front of me, and then smashed into my door and squished me into the guardrail. It was a very loud crash. but i was pretty much ok, a little shaken with a bit of glass in my arm and some bruises to come for sure, but very lucky considering. luckily there were a bunch of witnesses to say it was in no way my fault. and luckily it was just close to home so a bunch of friends were close by to stop and help me. a few cop cars and and ambulance later doug took me to the emergency room where they cleaned the glass out and took some xrays. the worst part was the glass cleaning. it made me oh so close to passing out. i'm kind of a wuss apparently. but i'm alive and well, just kinda sore and i move my neck a bit funny still. they just towed away my car 5 minutes ago to the salvage yard. how sad. they are going to let me know how much i get for it soon. the 17 year old kid that hit me was petrified. i'm glad his dad's new truck had insurance :) anyway. some pictures for your viewing pleasure....





























before the night was over i has doug as my slave (he's seriously amazing at taking care of me when i'm sick... i love it), my home teacher call me and check up and friends from the ward, rs pres visit at the hospital and call from the bishop that night. home cooked meal when i got home and then some dessert. doug's like, "you really have a lot of people that care about you" and i guess he's right.

2 comments:

  1. he is right! we all love you, especially us texan/nyers! glad to here you are doing pretty well considering and hope the chiropractor helped last night. i think i would steer clear of the rio too, but good luck finding a replacement. love you and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHH! To think we could've lost ourselves a Beck Bear! The worst. Glad you are alive. Sorry all that happened to you. Again, the worst. I am the worst for not knowing about it until now. I guess that's what I get for not putting this here gem of a blog in my google reader. Heal fast little one.....heal fast. marrrrww

    ReplyDelete